There are so many upside of doing homeschool and one of those perks, is I get to make sure my boys eat freshly cooked food and eat them properly. And because my boys eat quite often and a lot, I do look forward to preparing meals using easy-to-follow recipes. Check out these out-of-the-box recipes from Jolly (popular canned fruit and vegetable brand).
JOLLY Creamy Beef Mushroom Burger
• 500g ground beef
• 3 tbsp soy sauce
• 4 tbsp onion, chopped
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• 2 tsp dried thyme
Mushroom Gravy Ingredients:
• 2 tbsp butter
• 1 tbsp chopped onion
• 1 can JOLLY Pieces and Stem Mushroom 400g, drained
• 1 can Jolly Cream of Mushroom Soup 10.5oz
• 1/2 cup JOLLY Cow Freshmilk
• 1 tspground pepper
Burger Patty Procedure:
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl.
2. Get at least 1/4 cup of the mixture, roll into a ball then flatten using your palm.
3. Pan fry the shaped mixture and drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
Mushroom Gravy Procedure:
1. Heat butter. Sauté onion and 1 can JOLLY Pieces and Stem Mushroom.
2. Add JOLLY Cream of Mushroom Soup, milk, salt,and ground pepper. Simmer until mixture thickens.
3. Pour over the sauce over the fried patties.
JOLLY Chicken Nuggets
• 500 grams ground chicken breast
• 2 tablespoons salt
• 2 pieces eggs
• ½ teaspoon ground pepper
• 2 tablespoons Good Life Oyster Sauce
• 1 cup Breadcrumbs
• ½ can JOLLY Mushrooms Pieces and Stems 400g, chopped
• Sweet chili sauce of your choice
For the Coating
• ½ cup flour
• 1 piece egg, beaten
• ½ cup Breadcrumbs
1. In a bowl, mix chicken, salt, eggs, pepper, oyster sauce, breadcrumbs, and chopped JOLLY Mushrooms Pieces and Stems.
2. Flatten chicken mixture by rolling it out with thickness close to half an inch. Slice it to form a cube with the size of an inch per side. Set aside.
3. Dip nuggets in flour, and then the beaten egg, followed by the breadcrumbs then deep fry in batches of 5-7 until golden brown.
4. Serve with sweet chili sauce.
JOLLY is a canned fruits and vegetable line marketed and exclusively distributed by Fly Ace Corp. For more updates and recipes, visit jolly.com.ph or like its official Facebook fanpage and Instagram (@jollyeatsph).